NOW OFFERING HOME DELIVERY TO RETAIL CUSTOMERS IN THE WATERTOWN AREA
Contactless shopping & delivery (home delivery) is now available within a 3-mile radius of the the city center for only $8 on all orders!
Although winter has arrived, our farmers are still offering a delicious assortment of fresh vegetables - all locally grown.
From winter squashto poultry to baked goods, we can help fill your table with healthy, fresh local foods.
Still not convinced? New Customers Save 10%
For first-time customers only, enter the code NSFHSAVE10 at checkout to receive 10% off your first order.
Winter Squash Casserole with Rosemary
- 2 medium-sized winter squash, peeled and cubed (try butternut, blue Hubbard, buttercup or a combination!)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley (substitute 2 tablespoons dried
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
Recipe: Sarah Leah Case; Adapted by: Julia Moskin Location: NYT Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place squash cubes in large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and cornstarch, then whisk in ginger, salt and pepper. Add half of this mixture to the squash and toss gently but thoroughly to combine. Add remaining dry ingredients and toss again until evenly coated. Add garlic, parsley, rosemary and 1/3 cup oil. Toss gently but thoroughly to coat.
3. Transfer squash to a 9x13 inch baking dish and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 - 1.5 hours, until tender. Uncover and bake until very soft, an additional 45-60 minutes.
4. To finish, brown the top: Turn oven to 350 degrees (or use broiler). Heat squash until sizzling on the bottom and crispy on the top, about 10 minutes.
Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon (or 10 grinds) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Trim the brussels sprouts and cut each in half. Toss them in olive oil and black pepper and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast them at 350F., stirring every 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, drizzle with maple syrup and stir to coat. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until a fork pierces easily through. Transfer to a bowl to serve.
Sign up for our mailing list for special offers and to find out what is in season this week!
4012 Center St. PO Box 407 Lyons Falls, NY 13368
© Copyright North Star Food Hub