Our Favorite Recipes
Honey Sriracha Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots cleaned and cut into coins
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cook carrots in salted water in a medium sauce pan until they are tender. Drain the carrots and add them back to the pan along with the Sriracha butter, honey and lemon juice. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Herbs
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram or oregano
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese
(try herbed or honey for a different twist!)
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425°. Place the squash onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast it for 20 minutes, turn, and roast for another 20 minutes, or until it is tender. While it cools, grate the garlic into the oil in a small bowl. Add the parsley, marjoram, ½ tsp. vinegar. and a dash each of salt and pepper. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Using a large spoon, scoop large chunks of squash into a large bowl. Season this with the 1 tsp. vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with the herb oil. Top with crumbles of goat cheese.
Stuffing with Celeriac and Giblets
- Giblets from turkey (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- About 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. mushrooms, cut into 1" pieces
(try oyster mushrooms!)
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped sage
- 2 (1-lb.) loaves stale country bread, cut into 1/2"-pieces
Remove the giblets (heart, liver, neck, and gizzard) from the turkey. Add the stock to a sauce pan and then add the giblets. Simmer the giblets gently over medium heat while you prepare the stuffing.
For the stuffing, add butter to a sauce pan and melt over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery and sauté until they are soft and translucent. To the onions, add the oyster mushrooms and celery root and cook until soft.
While the vegetable are cooking, remove the giblets from the stock (reserving for later) and allow them to cool. Pick the meat from the neck, discarding the skin. Mince the giblets.
To the vegetables, gently stir in 1 1⁄2 cups hot stock, the minced giblets, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the bread.
For best results, roast stuffing separately in its own pan. Cook the stuffing until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165F. Use the extra stock to make gravy.
© Copyright North Star Food Hub